Taking another peek...

Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp) s.maddox at cyorxamp.info
Wed Oct 22 12:51:34 CEST 2008

>> I think I did try Alacarte with XFCE before and got mixed results and
>> everyone was screaming in #xfce that I shouldn't even try!
>>

> Well, if you were trying with 4.4.x, then people were correct.
> Alacarte certainly won't work with the 4.4.x menu, as it was mostly
> Xfce-specific.

OK well I'm running Lenny here at work so I'm going to (try at least)
install 4.6 and see if Alacarte works with it.

I just hope Alacarte (and the Drawer applet) don't entirely depend on
the rest of gnome being installed along with all its silly extras like
the 17 games, epiphany, evolution, etc...

I would love to just use Gnome in all honesty - IF it was just the
panel... but then I prefer Thunar to Nautilus and Thunar doesn't
integrate completely with Gnome.