xfce 4.6B1 issues

Sergey Manucharian sergeym at rmico.com
Tue Oct 21 21:12:30 CEST 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:13:16 +0200
Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:

> Am Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:05:02 -0600
> schrieb Sergey Manucharian <sergeym at rmico.com>:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm trying to install xfce 4.6beta1 - everything is compiled fine,
> > but the xfdesktop won't start:
> >
> > $ xfdesktop
> > ** (xfdesktop:24866): DEBUG: saturation is 1.0000
> >
> > ** (xfdesktop:24866): WARNING **: xfdesktop: Could not locate a menu
> > definition file xfdesktop: symbol lookup error: xfdesktop: undefined
> > symbol: xfce_posix_signal_handler_init
> >
> > Another issue: the xfce menu button does not work.
> >
> > Looks like everything else is fine.
> > I'm runnig Archlinux 2.6.27 with xorg-server 1.4.2.
> > I have not removed the 4.4 prior, could it be the problem?
> >
> > Any ideas, directions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sergey
> >

> No problems for me starting it from gdm. Maybe you have mixed the
> compile order and something went wrong.
>
> My update from Alpha1 to Beta1 went very well.
>
> -AndyRTR
> ArchLinux (also Xfce Package maintainer)

Yes, I've already mention in the previous reply, that after removing
4.4 this issue has disappeared. But I still have another one:
the vertical panel doesn't get expanded. As soon as I change it to
"Full Height" it works, but after a logout and login the panel becomes
short, and I have to go to the settings and toggle the height back and
forth to make it work. The horizontal panel's settings work properly.

Cheers,
Sergey