ANN: midori version 0.1.0 released

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 19:48:27 CEST 2008

Hello Christian,

I would like to report two issues.
1. Unless I messed up the configuration, Midori ships with a typo (an
unncecessary "/" in the search string). The string should read
"http://www.google.com/search?q=%s".
2. Exotic characters are not always displayed. Best example is
Wikipedia [1] and WordReference [2]. Notice that in [1] for the least
Cyrillic, Greek and CJK characters are not displayed, while in [2]
Cyrillic and Greek are displayed properly, while CJK characters are
not.
3. I also encountered issues with submitting, say on Wikipedia or on
the HTML Gmail. When I hit the "Submit" or "Send" button I might
receive an error message from Midori. Sometimes it helps to access the
link again.

Regards,
Liviu

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
[2] http://wordreference.com/

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 1:08 AM, <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:

> the version bump is long overdue. The last development cycle was
> interesting in a way, there was refactoring, experiments that did not
> turn out as good as intended, and a number of annoying bugs turned up,
> but the #midori crew is pretty good at hunting bugs, and we came back to
> a stablish build in the end. Among exciting new features are
> cusomtizable toolbar, error pages, the beginnings of user documentation,
> overall various interface improvements, history support in the form of a
> panel and allowing to hide the menubar.
> The future will probably bring integration of history in the location, a
> proper toolbar editor and support for importing netscape bookmark. We
> will see what else there is going to be.
>
> Download this release:
>  http://goodies.xfce.org/releases/midori/midori-0.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> Changelog:
>  http://goodies.xfce.org/releases/midori/ChangeLog