Possibly any tweaks that will allow xfdesktop to run superkaramba?

Dave Wood dave at unrealize.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 00:04:31 CEST 2008

On (14:59 18/10/08), Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> put forth the proposition:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:21:34 +0100 Dave Wood wrote:
>
> > I'm using kdesktop at the moment but I would rather use xfdesktop so
> > I can have my rightclick menu back.
> >
> > I have tried setting up a custom rightclick menu with kdesktop but
> > it's very buggy.
> >
> > I've tried playing with composite options etc with xfdesktop but not
> > much luck there.
>
> I've never used superkaramba before, so I'm not sure what kind of
> things it supports.  Does it allow you to give it a window ID to use
> for drawing?  If not, does it support any means of trying to "discover"
> if there's a fake root window on top of the real root window?

I don't really know that much about the technical side.

> These are ways you can get it working with xfdesktop, otherwise, sorry,
> it's not gonna work.
>
> 	-b

Slaves are generally expected to sing as well as to work ... I did not,
when a slave, understand the deep meanings of those rude, and
apparently incoherent songs.  I was myself within the circle, so that I
neither saw nor heard as those without might see and hear.  They told a
tale which was then altogether beyond my feeble comprehension:  they
were tones, loud, long and deep, breathing the prayer and complaint of
souls boiling over with the bitterest anguish.  Every tone was a
testimony against slavery, and a prayer to God for deliverance from
chains.
		-- Frederick Douglass