xfce4-mailwatch-plugin pegging the CPU usage meter.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Oct 17 01:20:23 CEST 2008

I've got the xfce4-mailwatch-plugin svn r5653 installed, and on
the surface, it appears to be working fine.  I've got four
instances configured checking IMAP mailboxes on four different
servers.

The odd thing I've noticed is that the xfce4-mailwatch-plugins
completely peg the CPU usage at 100% for 8-10 seconds each time
it checks the IMAP mailboxes.  I'm running an AMD Athlon 64
3200+ clocked at 2GHz, and it just shouldn't take that many
clock cycles to check an IMAP mailbox.

AFAICT, the each instance of the mailwatch plugin will suck up
as much CPU as it can the whole time it's "awake".

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Do you have exactly
                                  at               what I want in a plaid