I've returned after a long absence

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Oct 15 12:24:18 CEST 2008

Just a quick hello message (with a question about XFCE just in case
that's obligatory!)

I previously joined the xfce list in 1999 according to my E-Mail
archives and I left some time in 2005.  Since then I have moved from
Slackware to Fedora and now I'm playing with Ubuntu.

I moved from xfce to fvwm as my window manager a few years ago but I'm
pretty certain I'm moving back to xfce now since it seems to integrate
well with Ubuntu (I've converted my initial Ubuntu 8.10 beta
installation to Xubuntu now).

Now for my one question....

Is it possible to *prevent* moving Firefox to the current workspace
when (for example) clicking on a link in an E-Mail.  I find it a real
nuisance when Firefox bursts on the scene and obliterates everything.
I'd much rather use the pager and go and look at what has popped up in
Firefox when *I* want to do it.

--
Chris Green