default desktop layout To: xfce at xfce.org

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 13 23:48:16 CEST 2008

On 2008-10-13, Sergey Manucharian <sergeym at rmico.com> wrote:
> "Muayyad AlSadi" <alsadi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> so what is the point annoying all XFCE users for no reason except
>> resembling a dead (and to non-geeks unknown)  desktop environment
>
> Initially when I've switched to XFCE several years ago the main
> reason for me was namely this - CDE look and functionality.

I used Sun workstations almost exclusively for 10 years, and
even _I_ have never used CDE and don't know what it looks like.
It took some hard thinking to even remember what CDE _was_. I
don't care if the default XFCE desktop looks like CDE. I don't
really remember (or care) what the XFCE default layout is. I
use my own layout.

Do that many people use the default layout?

> My opinion is that Sun's decision to switch to Gnome makes
> their system resembling Windows.

Could be.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Boy, am I glad it's
                                  at               only 1971...