default desktop layout

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:11:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi at gmail.com> wrote:
> someone suggested that I should post to the ML to discuss having my
> layout to be the default layout of next release
>
> my suggestion is to take in consideration that xfce users
> as they usually have less ram, less resolution because XFCE is light
> yet feature full
[...]
> here is a screenshot of my desktop
> http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xfce4layoutck3.png

I am fine with such a layout (and I actually use a very simimal setup
on my x61 from work which can only do 1024x768), but my main concern
with it as a default is what does differentiate this from, let's say
windows or kde defaults? (gnome uses two full width panels by default)

So in other terms, I would not veto such a change, but I would not
vote for it either. Defaults regarding look and fill are very
sensitive, and everyone has an opinionm so let's see what others
think.

Cheers,
Olivier.