Can't get a good resolution with nVidia card.

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:04:56 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér
<morten at technographer.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:29:13 +0200
> "Alexander Toresson" <alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Curiously, it doesn't. It suggests 1024x768, too.
>> > Where does RandR get the information from?
>> >

>> >From Xorg using the RANDR extension, and so does the display
>> >settings.
>> I bet your "Default" entry in the display settings is the 1024x768
>> resolution.
>>
>> // Alexander
>
> And you would be right. Does this mean that if I activate 800x600,
> 1024x768 would show up as a suggestion in the settings dialog?

No, 1024x768 will still be your default resolution. It is the default
resolution in Xorg. I actually consider this a glitch in the UI; I was
about to whip up a patch for it some time ago but got distracted.
Might already be fixed in 4.6 svn though; I'm on an old xfconf-less
svn version (have been too busy to update... will need to do some
day).

// Alexander