single click for desktop

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Mon Nov 24 16:46:32 CET 2008

Am Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:04:25 +0100
schrieb Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de>:

> Hi, I know that this must be a FAQ and it has been answered before,
> indicating that it is not _yet_ supported.
>
> Recently, I installed Xubuntu 8.10 for a friend and you will most
> probably  guess, what question came up right after "this is
> great!" ;-)))
>
> So is this "feature" anywhere in sight?
>
> Personally this doubleclick mania drives me crazy and, it reminds me
> of Windows. However in Windows, I can disable it....

Hey Eberhard,

it's funny how easy it is to associate something that one personally
finds annoying with their favourite hated operating system. Maybe I
should pretend to hate all existing desktop environments for the sole
fact that they ship a "desktop" with "icons" which I never found
useful for my purposes in any way.
And still, some people love desktops, and many of them love that they
can use it like a folder window, with double clicking.

On a more serious note,
please use http://bugzilla.xfce.org/ to search for existing bug reports
and file a feature request if not yet done.

ciao,
    Christian