Broken XFCE?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 07:47:08 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 4:52 AM, David Mohr <squisher at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>    http://www.foo-projects.org/~olivier/misc/bug4631.ogv
>
> while for you everything seems to be fine, for me it looks pretty different:
> http://dsp.mcbf.net/gimp-not-moving-text.ogv
>
> This is also with 4.6, and gimp 2.4.7. Are we sure this feature is not
> only available in gimp 2.6?

Yes, of course, what you see is normal as you are using gimp 2.4, I am
using gimp 2.6 and it works for me. gimp 2.4 never had that feature
AFAIK.

Btw, from the description itself, I do not see how this can be related
to the window manager, again, focalisation is for keyboard, and
modality is enforced by the application, not the window manager (the
window manager will prevent the focus from being moved to another
window when the dialog is modal but will not -and cannot, unless using
hacks- prevent the mouse events to reach the other windows).

So the whole explanation sounds bogus to me, I am yet to see a reason
on why the window manager is suspected in an interaction between the
mouse and the application window.

Cheers,
Olivier,