superkaramba

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 12:57:43 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér
<morten at technographer.net> wrote:

> Hehe. That is almost completely identical to my ArchLinux desktop.
> Do you know of any tray icon battery indicators, which can be used with
> Pypanel?

I don't. But I don't have a laptop and therefore no battery concerns. :(

> I have been looking for that for a while, and Conky is only useful when
> you don't have windows on your desktop.

I'm currently running Openbox and I have seen a lot of people who put
their Conky display in one single horizontal line at the top or bottom
and then set their window margins to leave this area untouched. I'm
not sure if you can do this with XFWM4. Probably. I do this with the
bottom of the windows to leave pypanel untouched and I also leave a
1px margin on the left and right which gives me a place to right-click
on the desktop even when windows are maximized.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to get those two Conky
instances NOT to show up in pypanel. I can't seem to flag them as
hidden in  my pypanel config without screwing everything else up.

Hey, if this wasn't at least a bit of a challenge this wouldn't be any fun. ;)

RQ