xfce4-terminal -- clear scroll back only?

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:55:31 CET 2008

I have noticed that a feature that I used all the time in konsole is
missing in gnome-terminal and xfce4-terminal, that of clear scroll
back & reset. Unlike the clear & reset, clear scroll back and reset
removes all the previous content, removes the scroll back history, but
leaves the current prompt intact. The clear & reset in xfce4-terminal
clears the entire terminal including the current prompt & command,
leaving a black screen and the user completely unaware what the
current command is anymore.

Any chance that I missed a way to do this and if not, any chance of an
enhancement?

Thank you,
Andrew