keyboard layout help - language support (and some expression of delight by a new user)

soko.tica soko.tica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:15:47 CET 2008

Hello list!

What is the way to enable more (international) language keyboards in
xfce4? I have listed only two keyboard layouts in properties of
keyboard layout switcher, apparently two English keyboards I selected
during the installation of OS. Though I really don't want Cyrillic
alphabet in terminal/console, I do need it in desktop environment, and
not only in openoffice.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Apart from that, some expression of delight follows:

I have installed xfce4 for the first time on OpenBSD 4.4 box
yesterday, and I'm  delighted. It offers the possibility of full
desktop without two e-mail readers, three media players, two pdf
readers, two office suites, etc to which we were confined not only by
Microsoft, than also by the Linuxes I've had the opportunity to see.
On top of that, the box was not using more than 280 Mb RAM (out of
1GB) when running OpenOffice Writer, printing PDF, VLC playing sound
and installing some ports of OpenBSD 4.4 simultaneously! Amazing!

In addition, unlike the two desktops of high profile for the use on
POSIX platforms, xfce4 works flawlessly. No glitches and stalls
experienced. I'm really delighted. Great stuff. Many thanks to all who
contributed creating it and maintaining it.