Kiosk mode

Alexandre Conrad aconrad.tlv at magic.fr
Wed May 28 15:28:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've just got the Fedora 9 which now includes XFCE. I'd like to setup
the box to boot in kiosk mode, i.e. automaticly boot without a login
prompt and have a few applications starting automaticly.

I'm new to linux's graphical environement in general, and I don't know
yet how all the X stuff fits together. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I
understand that the login prompt is not part of XFCE, but from some
other manager (from which you choose the environement you want to start,
e.g., gnome, kde, xfce, ...).

So before blindly tweaking the system, I thought I'd might first ask for
some pointers and howtos.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
--