SCIM Not Working

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Mon May 26 02:29:06 CEST 2008

das wrote:
> On Sat, 24 May 2008 12:18:24 -0400
> "Pariksheet Nanda" <pariksheet.nanda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Das,
>>
>> SCIM is started up based on the following shell environment variables:
>> XMODIFIERS, GTK_IM_MODULE and QT_IM_MODULE
>>
>> Note that these variables have to be set *early* in your X-session
>> initialization routine so, for Xfce, it wouldn't work if you simply
>> put them in ~/.xinitrc. They would have to go in
>> /etc/profiles.d/scim.sh or similar (I'm not sure if that is a valid
>> path on Fedora though... it works for me on Gentoo :)
>>
>> These are the values of I have setup my SCIM program...
>> $ cat /etc/profiles.d/scim.sh
>> export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM    #case matters for this variable!
>> export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim-bridge
>> export QT_IM_MODULE=scim-bridge
>>

> Dear Pariksheet
>
> So many thanks. You have provided me with the things I can start
> searching with. And tomorrow is a Sunday. And all your explanations
> were quite good for me.

I'm curious to know whether the pinentry-gtk2 dialog actually works
for you with scim running.  I'd have to go find the thread on the
gpg-devel mailing list, but I reported it not working there (and there
is also an entry in launchpad for novell and ubuntu iirc), but nothing
has come of it thus far.

-RW