System tray and KDE apps?

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Sun May 4 00:28:45 CEST 2008

On Sat, 3 May 2008 23:58:38 +0200
Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:

> > >  I am running Gentoo and using the latest stable version in Portage (4.4.2)
> > >
> > >  BTJ
> >
> > I just installed Kopete on Gentoo and do not experience your problem in Xfce.
> > Therefore this is not an Xfce related bug / configuration problem.
> >
> > Since it is no longer appropriate to continue discussion of your issue
> > on this mailing list, I request you to please start a thread on the
> > Gentoo forums and mail me about it.
> >

> Could you tell me which USE flags you use...(for KDE and XFCE)?
>
> BTJ

I seem to have "solved" the problem... I forgot to mention that I am running dual screen and I just tried something...
I tried to run kopete on the other screen and whoola; the kopete icon was inside the system tray...

So my new question is, does this mean that the kde apps only work with my system tray on the other screen or is there a
workaround? (Gnome apps works as they should...)

BTJ