Right click menu don't start (XfceDesktopMenu init failed)

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 9 21:43:02 CET 2008

Please don't top-post.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:37:08 +0200 Fatih Arslan wrote:

> I've tried to compile directly from the source (4.4.2), but without
> any success.
> Ldd -v -r gives this output: http://rafb.net/p/wrqpK094.html

I built the source package available here:
http://www.xfce.org/archive/xfce-4.4.2/src/xfdesktop-4.4.2.tar.bz2
... and it works fine for me.  desktop_menuspec_path_free() is defined
in xfdesktop-4.4.2/modules/menu/desktop-menuspec.c, line 631.

If you're using any custom patches to xfdesktop, that's probably your
problem.  Otherwise, I have no idea.

	-brian