Printer Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 23 15:27:57 CEST 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Todd and Margo Chester wrote:

> Go into the CUPS admin kit with Firefox at
>          https://127.0.0.1:631/
>
> Then select "Manage Printers", and select your printer.
> You will find a button "Print Test Page".  Let us know the result.

Todd,

   Using the BUI does no more than manually editing /etc/cups/printers.conf.
It's the same file. There's no problem printing from the laptop, either
directly (if the printer's on) or stored on the server's print queue. The
issue is the annoying message box that pops back up just after it's been
closed.

   I did notice that the xfce printer status dialog showed the printer status
as "processing job" when it really wasn't, and I will admit to not changing
that status in /etc/cups/printer.conf. I'll do that today and see if it
makes a difference. Perhaps that is the reason, now that I think about it.

Thanks,

Rich