Launching Firefox3 does not work

Stephan Windmüller stephan.windmueller at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 18 11:17:03 CEST 2008

Hello!

After extracting the archive of Firefox 3 which was released yesterday,
I can only start it via the command line.

The archive was extracted in $HOME/install/firefox. When I start firefox
in a terminal, all works. But when I use a launcher which executes
/home/my_user_name/install/firefox/firefox, I am stuck with three hanging
processes: firefox, firefox-bin and run-mozilla.sh.

This also happens when I call an URL from xfterm4. The preinstalled
Firefox2 does not have this problems.

System is Ubuntu 7.10. Does anyone know what the difference between
starting from a terminal and a lauchner is?

TIA
 Stephan