Newbie config questions

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 17 19:00:32 CEST 2008

Cole Tuininga wrote:

> o) In the pager, I'd like to make it so that sticky windows only show
> up in my current desktop.  The problem is that with them sticky, it's
> hard to see what's in the other desktops.

Not possible with 4.4.x -- 4.6.x will do this automatically without a
way to change it back (which I kinda don't like, actually, but... whatever).

> o) I'd like to switch the mouse buttons 2 and 3 (leaving 1 alone)

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing -- you want to leave
left-click alone, and switch middle and right?  There's no GUI for this;
you'll need to use xmodmap directly.  Try googling "xmodmap pointer
mapping"; that might lead to something useful.

> o) At the moment, if I have the pointer over the desktop, the scroll
> wheel will cycle through desktops.  Can I turn that off somehow?

Check out the Window Manager Tweaks settings panel, Workspaces tab.

> o) Icons - is there a way to get them to autoarrange?

Nope.  Maybe for 4.6, but probably not.

> o) Window resizing - one feature I do miss is that when I resized a
> window under sawfish, it showed me the dimensions of the window.  Is
> there a way to do that in Xfce?

Nope.

	-brian