Setting default desktop on startup and a question about themes (and engines)

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:51:52 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Éclipse <eclipse.magick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Murrina works fine for me.
>
> 1) Install pkgs "gtk2-engines-murrine" and "murrine-themes"
> 2) You can download also more themes here:
>   http://www.cimitan.com/murrine/
> 3) Extract your new theme -> /home/User/.themes
> 4) Choose your theme in User Preferences, not in the Window Manager
> Theme. For window manager i advise you to choose "Wildbush"
> 5) Have fun !

It works fine for me too, but the problem is that it affects controls on a
lot of my other themes. And it seems to override the other theme engines.
Further, why do apps generate the GTK warning messages when I remove it from
my system? Is it somehow different than using the PixBuf engine or Aurora
Engine or Clearlooks engine?