Setting default desktop on startup and a question about themes (and engines)

Éclipse eclipse.magick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:48:20 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 16 juillet 2008 à 10:10 -0400, Richard Querin a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> Now a more general question.
>
> Is there some place that explains how theming and the theme engines
> are supposed to work? I've got most of the theme engines installed
> (dunno if that's right) but whenever I install the Murrine theme
> engine, it overrides the shape of buttons on all my themes, no matter
> what theme I'm choosing. I can only fix this by uninstalling that
> specific theme engine and rebooting.
>
> And if I uninstall the murrine theme engine, I get all sorts of errors
> about missing the Murrine  module thingy when I start a GUI app from
> the terminal. It doesn't seem to affect the behaviour, but it's a bit
> annoying to see those messages all the time.
>
> Should I have all the theme engines installed? Or should it matter? I
> like to change themes once in a while, and I'm not sure which engines
> I need to have installed.
>
> Is there some source of good info on this subject. I realize it's not
> an xfce question per se, but likely more of a general ubuntu or gtk
> question.
>
> Thanks. RQ
>

> Hello,

Murrina works fine for me.

1) Install pkgs "gtk2-engines-murrine" and "murrine-themes"
2) You can download also more themes here:
   http://www.cimitan.com/murrine/
3) Extract your new theme -> /home/User/.themes
4) Choose your theme in User Preferences, not in the Window Manager
Theme. For window manager i advise you to choose "Wildbush"
5) Have fun !