Xfburn / libburn 0.3

Thu Jan 10 22:28:54 CET 2008

Sorry if this is a little off topic ... more about how to build a
application than a xfce question

I was able to download the source for libburn 0.4 from the aforementioned site.

(I always build to /usr/local to avoid messing up my system)

Now when I try to build xfburn I get the following message:

*** The required package libburn-1 was not found on your system.
*** Please install libburn-1 (atleast version 0.3.0) or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
*** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

Does anyone know the correct value for this environment variable?

Or do I need a dev-package? (How does one go about obtaining?)

Thanks for your patience with a newbie to the world of building apps.