thunar-volman and automount

Sergey Manucharian sergey.manucharian at rmico.com
Wed Feb 27 19:22:41 CET 2008

Hi Polytan,

First of all you should check what device names are appeared in
your /dev when you plug in you usb drives.

I don't think you need pmount. I've just added the following lines in
my /etc/fstab and it works perfectly:

/dev/sdb1 /mnt/flash0 vfat users,umask=000,rw,noauto 0 0
/dev/sdc1 /mnt/flash1 vfat users,umask=000,rw,noauto 0 0
/dev/sdb  /mnt/nopart vfat users,umask=000,rw,noauto 0 0

The third line is for some usb drives which contain no partition at
all, but regularly the most of flash drives have a single partition.

Cheers,
Sergey