I want to use XFCE

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 8 19:28:47 CET 2008

josh wrote:

> I want to use the XFCE desktop because it's lite-weight and my computer will
> run real fast with it. But I am blind. Will the orca screen reader work with
> it? Can orca be made to work with it and can at-spi be included in XFCE so
> orca works?

I don't know if anyone's tried it, but it should work in theory.  AT-SPI
isn't GNOME-specific; gtk supports it, which is what Xfce uses as its
GUI toolkit.  I don't see anything about Orca that might be
desktop-specific, though you may need to install some GNOME libraries to
get it running.

If you do have problems and might be able to offer some pointers or
information as to how we can improve our accessibility, please let us know.

	-brian