Remote configuration

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Fri Feb 8 15:39:19 CET 2008

Hi people...

I just tried to open the xfce-setting-show remotely, using
--display mychine:0.0, but to may surprise, the data showing
was the configuration of my - local- machine!

I ssh'd from A to machine B, then called

xfce-setting-show --display A:0.0

and, instead of seeing B's setup, I see A's.

If this isn't possible: I wanted to change the name of the background of
the remote machine, and I couldn't find the file where this config item
is stored. It is now set to the 'flower.png' image... Looked for files
with 'flower' in them - didn't find any in the most obvious places.
Where is this path stored?

Thanks,
John