same icons for several users

kevin kevin.rowanet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 31 02:30:26 CET 2008

Hello,

As administrator of a debian etch system, I want a group of users to
have the same icons as those defined for the user named "model.

So I
1/ copied recursively /home/model/.cache/xfce4/
2/ changed every occurence of "model" by <UserName> in
/home/<UserName>/.cache/xfce4/desktop/menu-cache–etc-xdg-xfce4-desktop-menu.xml.fr.rc

As far as I know, icons places and types are defined in
/home/model/.cache/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc

And made <UserName> the owner of his .cache subtree.

But it fails, no icon...

Any idea ?

Thanks