ANN: xfburn version 0.4.0 released

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Mon Dec 22 08:17:41 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> This only happens on my laptop. My desktop burner is well detected.
>
> Something different:
>
> ** (xfburn:20631): WARNING **: [FATAL] 131357: SCSI error on
> write(30952,13): [5 30 05]  Cannot write medium, incompatible format (0)
>
> ** (xfburn:20631): WARNING **: [FATAL] 131339: Burn run failed (0)
>

> Is this a xfburn problem or caused by libburn?

Hm, can't tell for sure at this point. Xfburn is more likely though.
If you could please open a bug at bugs.xfce.org, and add the console
output as well as what you were trying to burn, and what disc type you
were using. Thanks a lot!

I'm going to be out of town, and won't have physical access to a
development machine. So it might take me a bit to look into the error,
however, maybe I can do some work on it already.

About the hal issue on your laptop, what kind of distribution are you
using? Let's try the following:

Run as the user:
$ hal-device > hal.devices
Open up hal.devices in your favority text editor, and look for your
burner device. If you have a disc in the drive, you might find a
device for the volume, skip that until you find a section that starts
similar to:
"5: udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_model_DVDRW_LH_20A1S'"
Could you copy and paste that section for me? Or you can open up a bug
for it as well, if you prefer.

~David