An xmodmap Issue

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Thu Dec 11 20:27:37 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 06:25:32 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    FWIW, both my main server/workstation and my notebook run the same
> distribution version, yet the xmodmap issue is only on the notebook. The
> LEDs function properly on both hosts (always have), but the xmodmap
> command in xinitrc is ignored on only the one box. That's what puzzles
> me the most.

Wildly guessing, I think the keyboard problem might be related to the
standard kbd driver - you are probably using another driver on the
notebook. Anyway, I'm fairly certain the issue is with xorg.

I just noticed the 12.2 upgrade. They announce xserver 1.4.2, but I
already have 1.5.1 installed two months. If I'm not mistaken, I had 1.4.3
installed when the problem was present.

John