An xmodmap Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 11 15:25:32 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, John Coppens wrote:

> That particular thread is here:
> http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2008-October/024113.html

John,

   An interesting thread. Since Pat just released Slackware-12.2 I'll wait to
upgrade and see what version of xorg is included.

   FWIW, both my main server/workstation and my notebook run the same
distribution version, yet the xmodmap issue is only on the notebook. The
LEDs function properly on both hosts (always have), but the xmodmap command
in xinitrc is ignored on only the one box. That's what puzzles me the most.

Thank you,

Rich