screensaver

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 3 21:56:52 CET 2008

Mișu Moldovan wrote:
> "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> a scris:
>> 3) How does it "not integrate"?  It can be launched just fine via
>> xinitrc or the xdg autostart mechanism, and comes with a nice gtk2 GUI
>> for configuring it.  There's even a compile-time option to add a "New
>> Login" button to the enter-password dialog that runs gdmflexiserver
>> (which I imagine could be changed to run whatever you want).
>
> When using xscreensaver, the dialog that prompts for a password when
> unlocking the screen is not using GTK+, I think that's what Auke meant.

That's all just border widths and colors and shadowing.  I bet one could
make the unlock dialog look very much like a gtk window with some work.
  Of course, that would would have to be repeated for every gtk theme,
which sucks.

I'd suggest not using gtk for the widget handling, but instead just
manually paint stuff using gtk's drawing functions, but sadly gtk theme
engines are generally the worst offenders when it comes to making gtk
unstable.

	-brian