Looking for mailwatch app

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Aug 29 18:05:59 CEST 2008

I'm currently using a very hacked-up old version of gkrellm to
monitor my mailboxes.  I don't want to maintain it (and there
are problems with fonts I've never figured out), so I'd like to
replace it with something else.  I want a separate
indicator/button and commands for each mailbox.  It looks like
I can do that with multiple xfce4 mailwatch plugins (one per
mailbox), but there are a few problems I haven't solved:

 1) I can't tell which icon is for which mailbox.  I guess I
    could create a set of my own mail icons that include the
    mailbox names.

 2) I keep my panels hidden, which means I can't see the
    mailwatch icons.  Maybe I can create a separate panel just
    for the mailwatch plugins and leave that one showing.

 3) In gkrellm, the indicators include the number of new mails.
    I think I'm going to miss that feature (but I can live
    without it).

I'm going to continue playing with the xfce4 mailwatch plugin,
but was wondering if there was another GTK or XFCE app that
people suggest for watching mailboxes (it needs to support IMAP
w/SSL, Maildir, and mbox formats).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Everybody is going
                                  at               somewhere!!  It's probably