Menu lag on an old laptop

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Wed Aug 13 02:05:24 CEST 2008

Am Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:54:47 +0400
schrieb "Артем Смирнов" <smirnoffjr at gmail.com>:

> For nvidia I use proprietary drivers. Anyway all my videocards have
> direct rendering support and provides artifacts on menus with xfwm
> compositing.

So what is the actual problem? Is it slowness or artifacts, or even
both?

FYI I do sometimes see artifacts, too, for example when I open a very
large menu for the first time I can, for a very, very short moment,
see random colour all over the rectangle that is going to be a menu.
However I don't have any performance issues whatsoever. This is with an
Intel X3100 integrated graphics chip. And I think I see something like
that with a Radeon on another machine as well.

Honestly I didn't both to investigate because it's just a really short
flash of colours now and then. So I am not blaming anyone.

ciao,
    Christian