foreign languages do not display

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Apr 23 08:22:38 CEST 2008

On mar, 2008-04-22 at 23:27 -0400, Jimmy Wu wrote:
> Wow - that worked!
> I never would have guessed that - utf8 would probably have been one of
> the last things I would have tried since I figured that would be the
> default.  So the default must be like iso-8859 or something.
>
> Well, I'm off to edit my /etc/fstab.

It seems that (besides fstab), the hal-way to determine mount options is
to now to ask the desktop environment. Currently only gnome implement
this (afaik). It'd be nice if Xfce could be able to do that (there are
open bugs in thunar/exo), but currently your only solution is fstab :)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis