Problem with .desktop files

Ariel Wainer ariel at xtech.com.ar
Wed Apr 9 14:32:27 CEST 2008

> On mar, 2008-04-08 at 12:36 -0300, Ariel Wainer wrote:
>> My system is a debian etch, with these versions:
>
> Is this a pure Debian Etch correctly installed? Does this happen with
> another (fresh) user?

It's a debootstraped installation with only 3 little backported apps (i
did compile them). With new users the problem persists.
I installed a fresh new debootstraped etch on another partition and the
.desktop's work. Now I'm going to start the configuration and see where it
breaks. This maybe a bug and I would like to report it with the right
information.

Thanks Yves-Alexis Perez and Andrew Robinson for your time and responses,
will keep you up to date with this issue.