Website/Forum/BugTracking Integration ?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:14:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally I think trac is too small for our purposes. It only
>  supports components and with our product/component structure in
>  bugzilla that will result is a huge list of components like:
>
>  Thunar/General
>  Thunar/Apr
>  Thunar/Documentation
>  Xfce Panel/Launcher
>  Xfce Panel/Icon box
>
>  Not an ideal situation if you'd ask me... Better put some time in the
>  git and bugzilla v3 switch. Merging the website/wiki/bugzilla/version
>  control isn't gone work for us, Xfce it too big for that.

I'm one of the trac admins here at my job, we have in excess of a
100,000 lines of code spread over 6 projects with components below
them. Trac is completely sufficient, with the proper (first party)
plugins installed.

While Trac may not match our developer needs as well as bugzilla, our
size certainly isn't a barrier.

As is pretty obvious from my presence  around here of late, I don't
have much time to devote to Xfce proper, and I'm neutral on what tools
we use - but I'd be happy to discuss the merits/drawbacks of Trac,
preferably off list, as those discussions get noisy fast.

We (my company) have been very happy with Trac, on balance. Trac has
been shot down in Xfce discussions in the past for various reasons.
Some of those aren't valid in recent versions, and some are. All that
said, I'm not sure Xfce has a tools "problem" that needs to be solved.

>  Nick

Erik
"Look at me still talking when there is Science to do"