[task manager] "no user confirmation" option

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:09:29 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

I use the Xfce Task Manager quite often, especially for talking to
un-responsive or badly behaving applications (well, as expected). As
much as I agree with the necessity to always confirm a decided course
of action (say, kill opera), I find this utterly slowing down. Also,
consider that many users (I believe a lot) make a habit of not looking
at the confirmation messages and of simply immediately confirming.

Thus, would it be possible to implement a "no user confirmation"
option (in the GUI or hidden), disabled by default, that would
immediately kill or terminate or suspend a task without asking for the
user to confirm her decision. I believe that many users would find
such an option useful and practical.

Regards,
Liviu