random wallpaper

Jonathan Gardner bohemian72 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:12:44 CEST 2007

On 9/24/07, Peter Smerdon <psmerdon at magma.ca> wrote:

> Hello folks,
> I assume this might be a common question but I was unable to find a way
> to search the archives without downloading the tarballs or going through
> every month of every year manually.
>
> Anyway, I would like to stick a bunch of images in a folder called
> ~/wallpaper and have Xfce4 load a random one each login, is this
> possible?

It's very possible. I'm sorry I'm not sitting at my Xfce box right now, but
I think you go into the wallpaper setting and select something about making
a list. Then you navigate to the images and well, make a list with them and
when you log in, a different picture will display.
I think you can also create a cron job to re-run xfdesktop4 and that will
change the image while you're using it.
Again, apologies for not being more exact but I'm not at home right now.

I can tell you it is possible.

Jonathan