[notes plugin] make tabs DnDable

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:25:17 CEST 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 12:17:22PM +0200, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Liviu,

> Recently I started to use the Notes Plugin more often. Currently, I am
> using 8 different tabs. The order of importance, however, varies
> periodically and I'd like to be able to drag and drop, for example,
> the 8th tab at the beginning of the list. Would it be possible to make
> Notes make use of GTK+ 2.10 for the Tab DnD features?

Myeahno, I am currently writing some code around the tabs, and they are
ordered by name only.  You will still be able to rename a tab, but this
time it will reorder itself in the notebook so you will be able to push
a note to the top e.g. by prefixing with 1 or the like (that's not the
behavior in version 1.4).  What I might think useful will be DnD a note
from one window to another, and that's where DnD will stop I guess.
Multiple windows is as-of-today implemented and works reliably, the code
is in my git repository, if you want to play with it let me know.

About version 1.4 (current stable version), unfortunately I don't have
it under hand so I can't tell you if there is a way to reorder the tab.

> Regards,
> Liviu

Thank you for your feedback, I always appreciate :)
Regards,
Mike