Handling of volumes: thunar vs. places

JoeHill joehill at teksavvy.com
Fri Sep 21 07:33:22 CEST 2007

Curious about something: in Thunar, when I connect my external drive, I can
immediately open a window in that new volume from the shortcut pane on the left
side. I do not _seem_ to need to take the step of mounting first. With the
places plugin, I need to first navigate to the new volume, mount it, then open
the menu again to open it.

If the places plugin uses the same functions as Thunar to open the new volume,
why the extra step?

Lazy? Hell yes ;)

--
JoeHill