xterm real fullscreen mode, without title bar?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Sep 13 01:53:57 CEST 2007

I want to run a xterm in real full screen mode, without the title bar.
I want it to look like a plain Linux text console, without any X
references.

xterm itself obviously has no option for this, because it is a thing of
the window manager. How can I tell xfce to start or display a xterm
without the top title bar? A autohide feature would be great, like the
panel it has!

xfce-terminal has such a real full screen mode, where one can hide the
title bar. But there is another problem with xfce-terminal: the numeric
keypad has no application mode, where the digit-keys 0-9 generate specific
control sequences. I need them for vt100/edt emulation mode. This is a
must-have for me. Or... can I assign a specific sequence to a specific key
within xfce-terminal? For example: the numeric keypad key "0" should send
the sequence "<ESC>Op". xterm does this out-of-the-box.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/