xfmedia-remote-plugin fails to compile

Omair Eshkenazi stimpson at phys.huji.ac.il
Fri Sep 7 12:17:30 CEST 2007

Quoting JoeHill <joehill at teksavvy.com>:

> xfmedia_remote_plugin-xfmedia-remote.o: In function
> `xfmedia_remote_disconnect':
> /home/joehill/Download/desktop/xfmedia-remote-plugin-0.2.1/panel-plugin/xfmedia-remote.c:244:
> undefined reference to `dbus_connection_disconnect'
> xfmedia_remote_plugin-xfmedia-remote.o: In function
> `_get_dbus_connection':

Wasn't this reported at the beginning of the week? Where are the XF-people?

In my experience, that kind of error occures when there's a problem
with the linking of a dynamic library -- in this case Dbus.

Try and look if your Dbus libraries are
i) in /lib - maybe try copying them to /usr/lib and see if they link ok
ii) the static and dynamic libraries are not in the same directory (I
had this once...), or maybe you're even missing the static library.

(there's a chance of a version problem with Dbus, but it's not likely,
as then the error would have occured during the compiling, not linking)

Omair

--
Whenever I hear of "culture"...