xfmedia-remote-plugin fails to compile

JoeHill joehill at teksavvy.com
Fri Sep 7 00:28:18 CEST 2007

JoeHill left a post-it on the fridge:

> Liviu Andronic left a post-it on the fridge:
>
> > On 9/6/07, JoeHill <joehill at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> > > When I try to compile, I get an error that it cannot find
> > > xfmedia-plugin
> >
> > You have probably compiled xfmedia from source, and it ended up
> > somewhere in /usr/local. Try running smth similar:
> >
> > PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ ./configure  && make
>
> Ah, so xfmedia-plugin is installed with xfmedia? Is this by default? I ask
> because...
>
> I did compile from source, but I install everything to /usr. I have nothing
> in /usr/local/lib at all, and xfmedia shows up in /usr/lib/. Is there some
> file in particular it is looking for? I do not have any header files
> in /usr/lib/xfmedia, is there some devel libs I need?

Eep! Okay, my mistake. I actually had xfmedia installed from a package, not
from source.

I upped to the latest svn and installed that, and when I ran ./configure for
the xfmedia-remote-plugin, it went okay. Now, though, it fails on make with:

xfmedia_remote_plugin-xfmedia-remote.o: In function `xfmedia_remote_disconnect':
/home/joehill/Download/desktop/xfmedia-remote-plugin-0.2.1/panel-plugin/xfmedia-remote.c:244:
undefined reference to `dbus_connection_disconnect'
xfmedia_remote_plugin-xfmedia-remote.o: In function
`_get_dbus_connection': /home/joehill/Download/desktop/xfmedia-remote-plugin-0.2.1/panel-plugin/xfmedia-remote.c:101:
undefined reference to `dbus_connection_disconnect' collect2: ld returned 1
exit status make[2]: *** [xfmedia-remote-plugin] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving
directory
`/home/joehill/Download/desktop/xfmedia-remote-plugin-0.2.1/panel-plugin'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/joehill/Download/desktop/xfmedia-remote-plugin-0.2.1' make: *** [all]
Error 2

--
JoeHill