Kill, must kill!

Jonathan Hepburn jonathan.hepburn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 23:10:13 CET 2007

On 10/29/07, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:

> The application which delivers you the config-dialog is the daemon
> which handles the settings. So killing it at one place would
> effectively make sure it won't handle the other either.

That's the bit I'm not used to: I'm more familiar with settings
managers which write a config file which is then read by the relevant
applications, rather than a program which exists for the purpose of
telling another program how to behave. This would explain why it's so
devilishly hard to find out how to change GTK behaviour with config
files, then!

(N.B.: I'm really, really, _really_, not trying to start a discussion
about which is _better_.)

Slainte,