An Issue With nm-applet On Xubuntu-7.10

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Tue Oct 23 07:58:16 CEST 2007

On lun, 2007-10-22 at 12:24 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Specifically, each time the system boots, 7 instances of nm-applet
> appear
> on the top panel bar (I assume it's a panel because it has application
> icons
> along the left side and a close button on the right edge). This
> network
> manager is not needed, especially not 7 times.

If you don't need it at all, you can remove it, I guess. (aptitude
remove nm-applet or such). If you need it once, kill all instances, and
check how it is started (by session or by autostarted applications). If
it's by session, kill everything and make sure nobody come back.

At that point, edit or create a nm-applet autostarted application and
make sure that the command is:

nm-applet --sm-disable

The reason is that nm-applet doesn't really support session management.

The bug has already been found, check in xubuntu lists, xfce list, FAQs
etc.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez