Copy from Thunar past to the Desktop

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 19 21:25:06 CEST 2007

fred238 at free.fr wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone a e'crit :
>> fred238 at free.fr wrote:
>>
>>> Currently, with Xfce, we can not copy/paste files or folders from
>>>  Thunar to the Desktop. I use that ability all day on gnome,
>>> that's possible do add it in a next xfce release?
>>
>> Works fine here.  You neglected to mention what version of Xfce
>> you're running and whether or not you have file icons enabled for
>> your desktop.
>
> I use Xfce 4.4.1, I would like to copy files or folders from Thunrar
> to the Desktop space (not only the folder in /home/$USER/Desktop).

Sorry, not sure what you mean.  The desktop space *is*
$HOME/Desktop/.  If you drop a file from thunar on the desktop,
that's where it goes.

I ask again: do you have file/launcher icons enabled in the desktop
settings?

(Also potentially of use: how did you install Xfce?  Distro packages?
If so, which distro?  If not, where did you get it?  Was xfdesktop
compiled with support for desktop file icons?  Etc...)

	-brian