Trouble with xfce4-battery-manager on Xubuntu Gutsy

Peter Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sun Oct 14 09:30:38 CEST 2007

Folks,

I've been having consistent problems using the battery-monitor plug-in
with Xubuntu Gusty beta. The monitor starts, then goes into
"uninterruptible" mode (as seen with the system monitor), and it
disappears from the panel, leaving a blank space where the icon used to
be. And the blank space remains on the panel throughout the active
session. I've tried reinstalling the plug-in, but that doesn't help.
I've also been getting fairly consistent error messages on start-up
(hald fails to initiate) and wonder if the two may be linked.

Any thoughts on how I can solve this?

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"