Adding To Panel Icons

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 05:58:39 CEST 2007

On 10/8/07, Diego Ongaro <ongardie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> >    In 4.2.x I could add additional items on popup menus attached to each
> > panel icon. But, when I try adding a new item in 4.4.1, I get a new icon on
> > the panel itself.
> >
> >    Is it possible to stack application loaders on a single icon? For example,
> > I like to put all text editors (emacs, lyx, OO.o, scribus) on a single panel
> > icon, pine and slrn on another one, Gimp and Xfig on a third, and so on. Can
> > I still do that? The settings box for 'add item' shows me a loader widget,
> > but I can't seem to get that affixed to an existing icon.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> If I understood you correctly, it's still possible. Add a launcher to
> your panel. Then, open that launcher's Properties dialog by
> right-clicking on it. On the left side, use the + button to add
> additional items, which will appear in a popup menu.

And even faster, the launcher config dialog supports drag and drop
from xfce4-appfinder. So you can start the appfinder, and drag all the
apps you want in a launcher onto the launchers config dialog. Makes
building launchers like this very easy.

> -Diego

Erik
"If you want to go somewhere, goto is the best way to get there." - Ken Thompson