Problems With 4.4.1 Upgrade

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 8 17:54:24 CEST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Robby Workman wrote:

> You have an incomplete system - you somehow missed some steps in the
> upgrade; otherwise, you would not have anything missing.

   Actually, Robby, I missed no steps, but the first time through,
'upgradepkg --install-new ../slackware/*/*.tgz' left some packages out.

   I should have remembered to re-run that command right away. I think that I
had to do this on at least one earlier distribution upgrade, but had
forgotten about it. Now I'll remember!

   That fixed the problem.

   Of course, I'll have to clean up the xfce display, but it's all working
now.

   Thanks very much for the reminder! And let me know, please, when the
battery and system status plugin packages (or .SlackBuild scripts) are
ready for my use.

Rich

Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |         Accelerators(TM)